Kindness doesn’t mean having to make huge sacrifices like what Mother Theresa did. Smiling at a stranger, giving compliments to the cashier, or holding the door for a colleague. Doing these simple random acts of kindness can significantly make someone’s day brighter. Being kind can be easy. In fact, it can be so so easy we came up with 100 simple acts of kindness that you can effortlessly do for your friends, family, or a random stranger. They’re so easy you’ll probably want to do five of them in a day!
1. Give someone a hug.
2. Donate books to an orphanage.
3. Smile and thank your server.
4. Buy a friend or a colleague coffee.
5. Compliment a stranger.
6. Spend time with a friend or family member.
7. Hold the door open for someone.
8. Get in touch with an old friend or relative.
9. Write or send a thank-you note to someone.
10. Offer to help someone.
11. Do something kind for yourself.
12. Smile at everybody. It's contagious.
13. Spread the word about a charity doing great work.
14. Thank someone who has gone out of their way for you.
15. Send an encouraging text or email to a friend.
16. Let someone know that you appreciate their work.
17. Sponsor someone or share a fundraising page.
18. Pick litter up off the street.
19. Bring treats to work or school.
20. Give someone an inspiring book you think they'd like.
21. Let an influencer know they have made a difference.
22. Write a letter and mail it out to someone you love.
23. Go the day without complaining.
24. Forgive someone who wronged you in the past.
25. Make dinner for a family in need.
26. Use a travel mug and reusable tumbler instead of a disposable one.
27. Surprise someone with a thoughtful gift.
28. Avoid gossip.
29. Do something you love for 30 minutes.
30. Apologize to someone you did wrong in the past.
31. Send a postcard to a friend.
32. Buy groceries for the person next to you in line.
33. Ride your bike or walk to work.
34. Volunteer for a charitable cause.
35. Recycle things that you see in your home.
36. Take time to listen to someone.
37. Offer to give a friend a ride home.
38. Lend a friend your favorite book.
39. Pay someone's bus or train fare.
40. Give your seat up on a bus to another person.
41. Offer the spot ahead of you while waiting in line.
42. Buy flowers to hand out on the street.
43. Leave letters of encouragement on people's cars.
44. Participate in a fundraiser or charity.
45. Donate old clothes to a charity.
46. Help someone put groceries in their car.
47. Plant a tree.
48. Do someone a favor without asking for anything in return.
49. Help a child or an older person cross the street.
50. Run an errand for someone.
51. Tell a boss about a good employer.
52. Pay for someone's meal at a restaurant.
53. Mail someone a random gift.
54. Share your umbrella with someone.
55. Offer to take someone’s photo for them.
56. Donate towels or blankets to the animal shelter.
57. Bring someone a souvenir from your trip.
58. Take a new acquaintance to lunch.
59. Send a random thank you email to someone you admire.
60. Put your phone away when you're with family and friends.
61. Make someone laugh.
62. Adopt an animal.
63. Return a stray grocery cart.
64. Encourage a friend when they try something hard.
65. Sit with someone at lunch who’s all alone.
66. Join town clean-up day.
67. Turn in a lost item you found.
68. Cheer up a friend who is sad.
69. Decorate crafts for a nursing home or retirement home.
70. Donate food to a food drive.
71. Leave a nice note on a colleague’s desk.
72. Share your lunch with a stranger.
73. Leave money in a vending machine.
74. Give someone homeless a blanket or a coat.
75. Bring flowers to nursing or retirement homes.
76. Write kind words on rocks and leave them at the park.
77. Keep bags filled with snacks and sample-size toiletries to give to the homeless.
78. Take time to write a great online review for a restaurant you love.
79. Talk to a person sitting on their own at a party.
80. Organize a donation drive for coloring books, toys and art supplies for a children's hospital.
81. Write a thank-you note to a former teacher who made a difference in your life.
82. Pay the toll for the car behind you.
83. Keep bottled water in your car and hand it out on a hot day.
84. Leave a great tip for a waiter/waitress who did a fantastic job.
85. Offer your handyman/service repair person a snack or beverage.
86. Volunteer to do a family member's laundry.
87. Get someone to go on a spontaneous adventure with you.
88. Give someone a list of things you love about them.
89. Prepare and organize a party in a retirement home.
90. Treat someone to a movie.
91. Prepare breakfast in bed for your family.
92. Say thank you to your building’s janitor.
93. Be courteous and kind to customer care representatives.
94. Learn to say "hello" in a variety of languages.
95. Teach a random act of kindness to kids.
96. Help a driver in need fix a flat tire or whatever kind of help they need.
97. Hide a happy note for someone to find.
98. Support a small independent business.
99. Tell your parents how much you love them.
100. Share this with someone kind.
Which simple act of kindness will you do today? Or if you already did one of them, how did the recipient of your kindness react? Let us know in the comments or tag us on our socials using the hashtag #RandomActofKindness !
Dive straight into the feedback!Login below and you can start commenting using your own user instantly